Craving Italian? 🙂 I definitely was. I don’t think I’ve had anything even remotely Italian (if you don’t count the fact that I almost always grate Parmesan on all the fresh veggie salads I eat for lunch) for weeks.
So I thought I’d go for a classic. Besides, I had tofu mince in the fridge that needed using up. 😉
Quinoa Pasta with Tofu Marinara Sauce for Two
150g of quinoa fussili (or gluten-free pasta of your choice)
2 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
4 large champignon mushrooms
1 medium tomato
150g of tofu mince
1 cup of (organic) tomato sauce
1 tbs of olive oil
1/2 ts of dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
1. Set your gluten-free pasta to boil in a slightly salted water.
2. Chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic, and tomato.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan, and sautee the veggies for a couple of minutes.
4. When all the veggies are almost tender, add in the tofu mix and cook for two-three minutes.
5. Once everything is cooked, add the tomato sauce and seasoning.
6. Mix the sauce with the pasta. Serve with a bit of freshly grated Parmesan and enjoy. 🙂